The most common problem in properties is water leaking from wet areas eg bathrooms, laundries, kitchens, into adjoining rooms. A regular check for water leaks is advisable. If the carpet/floor is wet, sponge and dry area thoroughly and check again after use. Advise our Agency if there is a problem.
If the problem is a ‘serious’ water leak, this is classified as an emergency repair under the Legislation and the Agency must be notified immediately.
FAULTY SWITCHES OR FANS
Do not attempt to fix it yourself. Do not use switches. Contact our Agency as soon as possible.
Check if power is connected or check power box for tripped switch or blown fuse. Contact us to arrange for professional help.
HOT WATER SYSTEMS
If your supply of hot water is not hot or does not seem to last as long as it should, your hot water system may need topping up. Locate the filler valve on the side of the hot water system and lift the floppy lever until water flows from the overflow. Repeat this process every few months. Otherwise, check….is the power switched on; has the power box tripped the switch or blown a fuse; or has your shower routine changed or increased (tank capacity and/or tariff rates will affect this). Remember in winter, efficiency of the tank is less than in summer and the water will cool quicker.
Note: Please follow the above procedure before requesting maintenance. If this does not rectify the problem please complete a repair advice form. Remember a leaking hot water tap will cause poor supply of hot water and high electricity accounts.
If your food disposal fails to work, you may need to push the reset button. This button is located under the unit and is usually coloured red. Do not attempt to disassemble unit. If this does not rectify the problem please complete a repair advice form and send to our Agency (use the old fashioned newspaper disposal method until attended to). Tenants will be required to pay for callouts to repair food disposal units that are blocked due to Tenant misuse or abuse.
LEAKING FROM TOILET
Regular mopping and turning off the tap between uses is adequate until the tradesperson arrives. Please complete the repair advice form and send to our Agency to arrange for a tradesperson.
Check power or fuse box. Ensure the power is on and the switch has not tripped. If problem not remedied contact your property manager.
- Water level is a priority and must be kept at a level to allow water to flow through the skimmer boxes at all times. Failure to do this could result in enormous expenditure to you.
- No metal objects are to be allowed in the pool as it could cause corrosion marks
- No animals allowed in the pool as this creates a huge chemical imbalance.
- Ensure regular water testing for correct PH level to prevent mould/fungus forming in the pool.
- Vacuum at least once a week to keep pool clear of debris.
- Regular checks of the pump to ensure the motor is working correctly and efficiently (making funny noises could be a forerunner to a problem). Leaking or pooling water at the pump could mean a cracked casing and will need attention.
- Even if a pool is maintained for you, it is your responsibility to alert if any problems.
If your neighbors have also lost power contact your Electricity Supplier. Otherwise check if you have a Safety Switch, which may have tripped. If so, reset the switch. If it trips again unplug all appliances from power points. Reset Safety Switch and plug in appliances one at a time until faulty appliance is located. If you have a fuse box check this for a blown fuse.
Note: If this does not rectify the problem please notify our Agency.
Tenants will be required to pay for callouts where a faulty appliance belonging to them has caused the problem.
- clean filter before every use of the dryer
- is power on
- dryer is not overloaded
- is air temperature hot when running
This appliance is not essential, please complete a repair advice form and send to our Agency to report failure.
- that the power is connected
- that the water taps are turned on
- the load of clothes is not off balance or too high
- lid is connecting with on/off switch when closing
- hoses are securely attached
- if leaking, check hoses for splits
When all else fails, phone us during Agency hours. If late Sunday night and out of clean clothes, locate nearest Laundromat and phone the Agency Monday.
Water bubbling out of the ground could be a serious problem and could lead to further complications. Phone our Agency immediately as this is an ‘emergency’ matter.
Emergency maintenance must be reported immediately. Please refer to the RTA 17a Information Statement (the booklet in your lease pack). All emergencies must be phoned through to the Agency as soon as possible and then formalised in writing.
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY CONTACT 0418 513 200
All general maintenance must be put in writing using the repair/request forms that are available from our Agency.